Fml this was delicious: impossibly lightly battered and fried beech mushrooms, coated with seaweed powder, served with a golden smoked egg yolk sauce. Orgasmic.
Tivoli? No thanks. Hot dog cart that @bourdain says is the Best Wurst in CPH? Hell yeah!
I knew Stockholm was gonna be cool, but I wasn't prepared for how cool it is. I could spend hours exploring the random boulevards, shopping in the fab boutiques (as if I could afford anything) or just chilling in the many parks.
1) sunset over the city centre
2) cardamom pastry and Apple/cinnamon rye bread from Green Rabbit
3) the site of the terrorist attacks a few weeks ago, plastered over with notes of love and unity
4) changing of the Royal guard
5) fab buildings in Ostermalms
6) looking over Gamla Stan from Sodermalm
7) gates into Gamla Stan
8) St George and the Dragon
9) multi levels at IKEA, the second largest in the world. It was actually overwhelming how big this store is.
Finalllyyyyy warm enough to wear a skirt and not have to double up on jackets! Still wore my Heat Tech leggings though, just in case 😆.
Who knew I could come to Stockholm and find cherry blossoms!
Tomorrow's mission: spend as little as possible, especially after I treated myself to a fab dinner. Personally I think it was good value, all things considered 😅.
The Church in the Rock 🤘🙏. That copper ceiling tho.
Tallinn, you've been swell!
1) group photo at Troika
2) fooling around in Helme
3) old city gates of Tallinn
4) walled city architecture
5) walking between the city walls
6) Russian Orthodox Church
7) view of the old town
8) cherry and coconut crepes at #Kompressor
9) "Landscape on a plate" from #VonKhrahl (red beetroot pesto, chicken liver paté, Estonian Grassfed beef,
smoked duck, gravad pike perch, carrot hummus, rowan berry mustard, Kalamatsi fried cheese)
10) chili chocolate lava cake with vanilla-parsnip ice cream.
"We have 2 hours to kill before dinner...let's go to the supermarket and make a cheese platter and drink some wine." Yes, that IS green cheese.